School St Mary's Church of England Primary School, Thornbury
Location Bristol, South Gloucestershire
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary Head Teacher £55,338 - £64,143
Hours Full Time
Posted12th March 2021
Expires 19th April 2021 11:59 PM
Start Date 1st September 2021
Job ID 1137523
Job Reference SMTPH1203
Head Teacher Salary: £55,338 – £64,143
The governing body at St Mary’s C of E VA Primary School, Thornbury are seeking to appoint a Head teacher from September 2021.
We are looking for a Head Teacher who will relish the opportunity to foster the ethos and values of our school, whilst driving the school forward with confident and resilient leadership. Someone with excellent communication skills, who will enjoy strong and active engagement with children, staff, parents, the church and the local community.
We need a leader who can set a clear and inclusive strategic direction for the school, as well as possessing:
- Experience of strong and positive leadership, both in maintaining high standards and fostering growth and change.
- A track record of leading, inspiring, and motivating staff to create an outstanding team.
- The experience to demonstrate and deliver the vision, ethos and values of the school.
- A commitment to the Christian ethos in all aspects of school life including developing strong links with the church and community.
- The drive to cultivate strong and positive relationships with staff, parents and the community.
- The desire to be actively engaged with children and highly visible during the school day.
- A broad personal curriculum knowledge, and the skills to work with the senior leadership team and the staff, to develop an exciting curriculum with high standards of achievement.
We can offer you a warm, caring, and friendly school, with:
- An inspiring community of children and families.
- Hardworking and dedicated staff, who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for our children.
- The opportunity to drive the strategic direction of the school and to lead, enthuse and motivate staff and children.
- An engaged Governing Body, willing to both challenge and support the head.
- An active and innovative PTFA.
- The support of the church and community.
- A commitment to support your induction to this role as well as continuous professional development
Closing date for applications: 19th April 2021
Shortlisting: Applicants who have been successful at shortlisting stage will be informed during the week beginning 26th April 2021
Interviews will take place on: 17th May 2021 & 19th May 2021
We invite you to look at our Head teacher Information Pack to learn more about us and to support you with your application.
St Mary’s C of E VA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Reference checks will be performed prior to interview.